Police activity week of 08-18-14 through 08-24-14

08-18-1409:17 hours – Ptl. C. Schiazza – Theft- $200 & over from auto
Unit block E. LaCrosse Ave. – the victim called to report that someone had rifled through his vehicle. Missing from the vehicle was a black two-way ICom portable radio. The victim’s wife reports her vehicle was also rifled, but nothing appears to be missing. 17:05 hours – a neighbor living on the unit block of N. Wycombe Ave. came to LPD with the stolen radio. She did find the radio in the bushes beside her home.

08-18-2014 14:41 hours – Ptl. C. Schiazza – Theft- under $50 from auto
Unit block Nyack Ave. – The victim reports his brown leather wallet was taken from his vehicle. He states someone tried to use his credit card, but was denied.

08-18-14 12:46 hours – Ptl. C. Schiazza – Theft- under $50 – retail theft
Unit block E. Baltimore Ave. – Report of two juveniles in custody for retail theft giving the store employee a problem. On arrival the two had fled the scene. Both offenders were apprehended. Both offenders transported back to LPD. Both were charged and released to their mothers.

08-21-14 18:25 hours – Sgt. J. Eisenhart – Public drunkenness
N. Lansdowne & Baltimore Aves. – This officer observed the offender staggering down the sidewalk. The offender was nearly struck by a vehicle. Offender was taken into custody and will be charged appropriately. She will be housed in a cell until she is sober enough to be released.

08-23-1419:15 hours – Pt!. C. Craig – Burglary-attempt-residence-night
Unit block N. Lansdowne Ave. – This officer responded for a report of a burglary attempt that had just occurred. The witness gave a description of the actor. The male was taken into custody and transported to police headquarters.

08-24-14 12:46 hours – Ptl. T. 5elimis – Theft- under- $50 – retail theft
100 block e. Plumstead Ave. – Police were dispatched for the report of a theft. The store owner showed this officer a video of a black female and a black male stealing a candy bar and a bag of popcorn. The theft occurred approximately 15 to 20 minutes before calling police. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the two.